W3Total Cache Page caching mechanism is somewhat very confusing. Which page to purge ? does the archive need to purge to? how about the widget?
We know that W3 Total Cache already have mechanism to purge archive page with similiar tag / category (post term purge). However this is not sufficient.
Consider this scenario :
Web sitemap :
- pages_x (contain post_type_2 with custom WP_Query )
With normal W3 Total cache if you publish post with post_type_2 and category 1 the /pages_x will not purge !
Our solution is to purge all the page cache during a post is marked publish.
When all page is purged ?
- There is new post marked as publish (updated or new post)
- Post move to trash
- Do not prime/preload page cache , this will slow your site
- Use disqus/livefrye for your comment, it will reduce page cache problem
Please use wordpress support forum at forum.tonjoostudio.com
Download it here W3 Total Cache Purge All Post Plugin
- Grap the plugin from from wordpress plugin directory or Upload w3-total-cache-purge-all-post folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate W3 Total Cache Plugin, DISABLE ‘Prime post cache on publish’ on page cache option. It will kill your performace
- Activate the plugin
Frequently Asked Questions
Its slow my website !!
If you don’t like it just turn it off, it’s experimental anyway
October 27, 2013
[…] Or feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and visit our site tonjoostudio […]